Saturday, February 18, 2012

what's cooking: french toast cassarole

made this for a friend's baby shower today and it was a hit! thanks to my mother in law.
for all those who asked for the recipe, here you go.

1 loaf (10 oz) french bread cut in cubes (i made home made bread)

 8 eggs
3 c. milk
4 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 tsp. salt

topping: (i doubled this for extra flavor)
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. sugar 3 tsp. cinnamon
i drizzle with maple syrup

place bread in greased (cooking spray) 13x9 pan. in mixing bowl beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, & salt. pour over bread. cover & refrigerate for 8 hrs. remove 30 min before baking. drizzle topping. bake 350 degrees for 45-50 min. (depending on your oven, you may want to check it at 30-40 minutes)

2 comments:

  1. can't WAIT to make this!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great recipe for when you have sleepovers with your girls!!! Every kid I know loves french toast. wish I has seen to remind myself to put it together before I went to bed last night. there's always tomorrow!!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete