Friday, June 15, 2012

a little me time

since i've had isabella it's been hard to find some quality me time. i'm either with her, cleaning, doing laundry, cooking, babysitting, spending time with jim and etc...i love all of these things but sometimes we moms need some time to ourselves. since the nice weather has rolled in i'v taken advantage of laying out on my patio, in my lounge chair with some ice cold water, a good book and sometimes a little adele radio on pandora. of course this is during nap time! a good thirty minutes has helped me feel refreshed, relaxed and ready to finish out the day.
life is just too busy sometimes and we're so consumed by everything around us that we forget to take care of ourselves. i've always thought of myself as selfless. i'm always concerned with those around me and making sure everyone else is ok. so, i made a vow to myself that i was going to take at least an hour a week to just chill out and be with me. 
so mom's, whatever ever it is you like to do, take some time and do it! we will always find excuses and our days will sometimes get away from us but i believe we're a key part in our home and we too, need some TLC!

1 comment:

  1. I love to read!!!!!!!Its one of my favorite things to do!!!!! I was reading on the porch at 5a.m. yesterday(I know, crazy) but I was up and no one else was! 1000 Gifts, my favorite read at the moment, and God was so real, I had this revelation about how I was to accept the teen years, it was soooo awesome!!!! Cup of coffee in hand, birds chirping, total peace. Keep it up!!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete